Week 1 (user interface and be able to send information to backend)
● Set up website on Amazon Web Services
○ Cheap, scalable
○ Use of Amazon Simple Storage Service for storing data
● Be able to take in user input on the backend
○ URL of the item
○ Email address
● Set up the basic user interface
● Come up with a name.
Week 2 - 5 (backend)
● Be able to parse the price from most of the websites
○ Write scripts incorporating regular expressions to read prices from HTML files
○ Research how to frequently check if the price is changed.
● Store parsed data in a database
○ Design tables to keep track of product id, url, price
○ Write functions to query and update tables
● Test the backend to make sure it works accurately and properly.
Week 6 (send information from backend to user)
● Work on email notifications
● Notify user when price drops or drops below a certain price
Week 7 - 9 (add more functionality of the website)
● Also allow user create an account
● Aggregate data in a form that is friendly to the user
○ Let user see the history of requests he made.
○ Let user see the price history of the watched item in form of a graph
○ Allow user to sort the information in different ways, for example, he can sort by lowest price, or most recently changed price.
○ Allow user to put different items to different “baskets”, for example, “Purchased”, “Gifts”, “Wish List”.
● Suggest related items to watched item
● Suggest related websites with same items
Week 10 (frontend)
● Improve on UI design
● More testing.