Despite not making the Top 3, Demo Day went pleasantly well on Thursday. We received plenty of compliments and several people gave us their email once we finalize our website. As it turns out, everyone shops online and has at one point in their life wished they could be automatically notified about price drops. They also liked the simplicity of our website and ease of use. One person, who owns an Italian website in charge of notifying users of coupons for stores, offered to talk to us about a potential partnership. Interesting.
In addition to compliments, we got several constructive criticisms that we will consider implementing in the near future:
- Giving users an option to set a day to stop notifying them by
- In the item details page, show a list of the same item in competitive stores and their prices
- Taking advantage of Amazon's Recommendation items
- Prettify the price history in graph form
- Added track/untrack buttons
- Notification emails contain information about item drop (such as new price) and contains link to send users to the actual website
- Same as the last post plus the suggestions made by people from Demo Day
- Perhaps create a history page of user's past tracked items.
- Create a button for users saying that they purchased that item
- After a purchase, we still want to track that item for a certain time because some stores have a Buy Back policy
Long-term goal: Develop a store credit system similar to Ebay where buying through our website gives users store credit to buy other products. Must be partnered with other companies to work